Maren Morris has had quite the year thus far with her sophomore record GIRL debuting at #1 on the Top Country Albums chart and shattering the debut streaming record for a country album by a woman with a whopping 23.96 million streams in its first week. From inspiring and empowering, to sassy, heartbreaking and loving, Morris’ lyrics resonate with her fans in a compelling manner. We’ve compiled some of Morris’ best lyrics to accompany your Instagram photos for the next time you catch her live!
1. “I don’t wanna wear your crown, there’s enough to go around” – GIRL
2. “Cause all the little lies rolling off your lips is money falling from the sky.. sh*t I’d be rich” – Rich
3. “And it feels like I’m getting into trouble but I’m gonna do it anyway” – The Feels
4. “Not everybody gets what we’re going through but all my favorite people do” – All My Favorite People
5. “When I was looking for the words somebody said it first like they knew me, they were singing right to me” – A Song For Everything
6. “Oh I’m just tryna make good a little bit greater, I’m cooking up my own flavor” – Flavor
7. “But don’t you know that it’s the low that makes the high so sweet” – Second Wind
8. “The best things come when you don’t even try” – Great Ones
9. “You’re my color custom made, think I finally discovered you’re my perfect shade” – Shade
10. “Now heartbreak ain’t a competition but I took it in a landslide” – To Hell & Back
If you are catching the show this weekend be sure to tag us in your posts for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!