Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires, Maren Morris, and Natalie Hemby joined forces to compose an all-female, indomitable group entitled The Highwomen. The quartet released its first, fiery track as a group, “Redesigning Women” on July 19th, as well as an accompanying music video, in anticipation of their awaited album dropping September 6th via Low Country Sound/Elektra Records.
“Redesigning Women” is constituted of well blended harmonies and lip depicts the celebration of womanhood and the expectations about females condoned by society. This powerhouse female country supergroup expresses the need to break those normalities, while in doing so, challenge country radio to welcome more female acts. They sing: “Redesigning women / Runnin’ the world while we’re cleanin’ up the kitchen / Makin’ bank, shakin’ hands, drivin’ 80 / Tryna get home just to feed the baby / Skippin’ the bread for the butter / Changin’ our minds like we change our hair color / Yeah, ever since the beginning / We’ve been redesigning women”
“Redesigning Women” is the life most women are living today. We juggle so much in 24 hours and I wanted to write a song that reflected the goodness, the madness and the hilarity of it all,” Hemby said of the track in a press release.
The Elizabeth Olmstead directed video welcomed the help of a multitude of female country music artists such as Cassadee Pope, Cam, Kassi Ashton, Lauren Alaina, Wynonna Judd, Tanya Tucker and more.
The four singer-songwriters already have successful careers of their own. Maren Morris is a Grammy-winning country music recording artist with two studio albums under her belt. Singles such as “My Church” “Rich” “80s Mercedes” “I Can Use A Love Song” And “GIRL” have placed high on the charts. Brandi Carlile is a seven-time Grammy Award-winning Americana recording artist with successful albums such as The Story, a six-time Grammy-nominated album, By The Way, I Forgive You, and one time nominated The Firewatcher’s Daughter. Amanda Shires is an American singer-songwriter who performed with acts like Jason Isbell and the 400, and the duo Rod Picott. Lastly, Natalie Hemby is an American country singer-songwriter who has written songs for Toby Keith, Eli Young Band, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town and even penned the song “Always Remember Us This Way” from the critically acclaimed film, A Star Is Born.
The Highwomen are gearing up to release their debut full-length album on September 6th which is produced by Dave Cobb and will feature a song co-written by Miranda Lambert.
“Redesigning Women” is now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.
class=”yj6qo” style=”text-align: center;”>
Full Tracklist Below
1. Highwomen (written by Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires, Jimmy Webb)
2. Redesigning Women (written by Natalie Hemby, Rodney Clawson)
3. Loose Change (written by Maren Morris, Maggie Chapman, Daniel Layus)
4. Crowded Table (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Lori McKenna)
5. My Name Can’t Be Mama (written by Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Amanda Shires)
6. If She Ever Leaves Me (written by Amanda Shires, Jason Isbell, Chris Thompkins)
7. Old Soul (written by Maren Morris, Luke Dick, Laura Veltz)
8. Don’t Call Me (written by Amanda Shires, Peter Levin)
9. My Only Child (written by Natalie Hemby, Amanda Shires, Miranda Lambert)
10. Heaven Is A Honky Tonk (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Ray LaMontagne)
11. Cocktail And A Song (written by Amanda Shires)
12. Wheels Of Laredo (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth, Phil Hanseroth)
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!