Although he was first hit songwriter in Nashville, Chris Stapleton has since released three studio albums and they have had major success in the country market. In the few years that have followed his rise to fame, Traveller has sold nearly 2 million copies, making it the first debut country album to reach number one since 2011! If you plan to catch the country crooner on tour this year, here are some of his best lyrics to use as Instagram captions.
1. “I got nobody to blame but me” – Nobody To Blame
2. “There are days that I can walk around like I’m alright, and I pretend to wear a smile on my face, and I could keep the pain from comin’ out of my eyes, but sometimes, sometimes, sometimes I cry” – Sometimes I Cry
3. “You’re as smooth as Tennessee whiskey, you’re as street as strawberry wine, you’re as warm as a glass of brandy” – Tennessee Whiskey
4. “Running on hope and a tank of gas like dreams ain’t just for dreamers” – When The Stars Come Out
5. “Cause I’m a traveler, oh, I’m a traveler” – Traveller
6.”Baby, I will be your parachute” -Parachute
7. “That’s the difference between whiskey and you” – Whiskey and You
8. “You only need a roof when it’s raining, you only need a fire when it’s cold, you only need a drink when the whiskey is the only thing that you have left to hold” – Parachute
9. “Broken halos that used to shine” -Broken Halos
10. “The more I live without you, just can’t forget about you, nobody else can set me free, baby, please come back to me” – Without Your Love
11. “I’ve got love enough to spare, that makes me a millionaire” – Millionaire
12. “Love is more precious than gold” – Millionaire
13. “I stay stoned on your love all the time” – Tennessee Whiskey
14. “Take your best shot, show me what you got, honey, I’m not afraid, rear back and take aim and fire away” – Fire Away
15. “Always lost and nowhere bound” – Traveller ”
16. But I love my life, man it’s something to see. It’s the kids and the dogs and you and me” – A Simple Song
17.”What’s love but just some confusion we don’t need” – Nobody’s Lonely Tonight
18. “Never thought it would happen to me, but this hard livin’ ain’t easy as it used to be” – Hard Living
19. “Tell my mama I did my best” – Death Row
20. “I got friends who know how to have a good time” – Outlaw State of Mine
The Hero Collection by NYCountry Swag is inspired by the men and women of the Fire, Police and Military Departments across the country. A portion of sales from each purchase is donated to different foundations that support our heroes. We are dedicated to honoring their service and remembering their sacrifice.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!