Florida Georgia Line’s new song, “New Truck” is available now, January 8th, on all streaming platforms. Take a look below as we dig a little deeper into the track.
Off their upcoming fifth studio album Life Rolls On, Florida Georgia Line’s latest release, “New Truck,” is co-written by Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley, along with Corey Crowder, Jeff Gitelman, Raysean Hairston, Blake Redferrin, and Priscilla Renea. This track could fall into the ‘trap country’ genre as Hubbard and Kelley rap the verses over a thumping bass beat. The playful tune is a catchy song that is fun to sing along to and will certainly become a fan-favorite when live shows return. It also comes along with a comical, retro-themed video. Check it out above.
“With “New Truck” we were like, ‘Man, this feels good. I just want to ride around in my truck, listen to this, and have a song to jam to,’” Hubbard shared in a recent press release. “When any of our buddies get a new truck now, we can send it to them and say, ‘Yo, bump this in the truck!’”
I got a new truck (Yup), I got a new ride (Woah) / I got it souped-up (Yup), I like it too high (Skrrt) / I got a new truck (Yup), I got a new ride (Woah) / Shawty wanna ride shotty when I roll by (Yup)
The release of this energetic song is not the only reason Florida Georgia Line made headlines in early 2021. In a post to their fans, The six-time ACM award-winning duo announced that they will be focusing on music outside of Florida Georgia Line after the release of Life Rolls On, but ensured they are not “breaking up.” Rumors began swirling when Hubbard and Kelley unfollowed each other on Instagram in the midst of the presidential election.
Hubbard later confirmed those reports were false and the only reason for the temporary unfollowing was to due political differences. The two acknowledged the rumors and refuted them in their announcement video. Kelley admitted he always had aspirations of putting out a solo album, and Hubbard revealed he will be collaborating with other artists in the near future, including Tim McGraw on a new song titled “Undivided” out this Wednesday, January 13th.
“We’ve been on a 10-year journey together and we wouldn’t change it for the world,” Hubbard said in the video. “We’re going to continue to make music as much we can—as a matter of fact, we’re probably going to be making even more music now. We created this freedom around ourselves where we can do whatever we want to do, creatively and musically….It’s a beautiful place to venture out and have a voice of our own and have an individuality.”
Fans have nothing to worry about as Hubbard and Kelley left the door very open for future Florida Georgia Line projects. They also promised they will continue to tour together and play all the hits that made them not only the most popular duo in the 2010s, but one of the most colorful acts in country music as a whole.
Life Rolls On drops on February 12th, and will feature the six songs on The 6-Pack EP and their current top-20 single, “Long Live.” Hubbard and Kelley helped produce all sixteen songs with Corey Crowder and co-wrote thirteen of them. See the track listing below:
Florida Georgia Line’s LIFE ROLLS ON Track Listing:
1. “Long Live” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, David Garcia, Josh Miller
2. “Life Looks Good” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Jaren Johnston
3. “Countryside” – Blake Redferrin, Jake Rose, Michael Whitworth
4. “Always Gonna Love You” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Ross Copperman, Corey Crowder, Michael Hardy
5. “I Love My Country” – Kane Brown, Corey Crowder, Chase McGill, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak, Will Weatherly
6. “Hard To Get To Heaven” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Josh Thompson
7. “Long Time Comin’” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Jordan Schmidt, Canaan Smith
8. “Interlude” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder
9. “Ain’t Worried Bout It (Album Version)” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip
10. “Beer:30” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Canaan Smith, Ernest Keith Smith
11. “New Truck” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Jeff Gitelman, Raysean Hairston, Blake Redferrin, Priscilla Renea
12. “Eyes Closed” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Ross Copperman, Corey Crowder, Michael Hardy
13. “Second Guessing (From Songland)” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Ester Dean, Andrew DeRoberts, Shane McAnally, Griffen Palmer, Ben Simonetti, Ryan Tedder, Geoff Warburton
14. “Good To Me” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Corey Crowder, Canaan Smith
15. “U.S. Stronger” – Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley
16. “Life Rolls On” – Ben Burgess, Alysa Vanderheym, Emily Weisband
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Florida Georgia Line releases.
“New Truck” is now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!