Between scoring two number one singles at country radio with “Singles You Up” and “Take It From Me,” to winning the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Award for Best New Country Artist, Jordan Davis has had one whirlwind of a year. Our 2018 Artist to Watch is currently an opening act on the ‘Make It Sweet Tour’ for two-time ACM Vocal Group of the Year, Old Dominion.
Lucky for us New Yorkers, the tour will be making not one, but two stops in New York over the upcoming few weeks; Friday, May 17th at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden and Saturday, May 25th at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater. Davis made waves with his debut album Homestate, with it’s storytelling candid lyrics, to catchy beats. We’ve compiled some of his best lyrics to accompany your Instagram photos for what is sure to be a knockout of a show and one hell of a night.
1. “You can steal a kiss, I won’t call you a thief” – Take It From Me
2. “Is it worse that you’re so gone, that I don’t even cross your mind or that I’ll be dreaming that you’re coming back again tonight” – Dreamed You Did
3. “And I don’t care what song comes next, I’m falling right here don’t want a safety net” – Slow Dance In A Parking Lot
4. “I still got your number and I wonder what you’re doing tonight” – Going ‘Round
5. “I like the way you’re more than I know what to do with” – More Than I Know
6. “I’ll be rolling like the Mississippi leaving New Orleans” – Leaving New Orleans
7. “If you don’t wanna say goodbye just yet, think we got a lot more left to do tonight” – So Do I
8. “She’s always drifting and always dreaming” – Tough To Tie Down
9. “Everything falls into place as soon as I see your face” – Made That Way
10. “If he ever singles you up, if he’s ever stupid enough, I’mma be the first one calling you baby” – Singles You Up
If you are catching the shows this month be sure to tag us in your posts for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!