Lady A’s Ocean Deluxe Edition is available now, November 20th, everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a look below as we dig a little deeper into the release, which includes six brand new tracks.
Lady A captivated fans with the release of their eighth studio album ‘Ocean’ last fall, and now the deluxe album is here! Featuring three new songs plus three reimagined tracks from the original record, the multi-platinum trio is excited to offer a new way for listeners to experience the project.
“It’s crazy to think this album is only turning a year old because it has already been part of so many moments for us as a band,” Hillary Scott said in a press release earlier this month. “We wanted to share a couple of never-released tracks and put a spin on some others that have been fun to play around with during quarantine.”
The album’s lead single in 2019, “What If I Never Get Over You” skyrocketed to the top of the country airplay charts, becoming the band’s first number-one song since 2014. The deluxe version was recorded live from Nashville music venue, 3rd and Lindsley. The at-home version of ‘Let It Be Love’ is beautifully simple with only piano accompaniment.
‘Champagne Night’, the single that came from NBC’s Songland, is new to the project but not to listeners. The deluxe album features both the original song and a tiki bar version that will seemingly transport you from your house straight to an imaginary beach.
The two brand new tracks, ‘Heroes’ and ‘Underwater’ match the pure harmonies and deep lyrics that made Ocean such a departure from the trio’s more recent sound. ‘Heroes’ featuring fellow BMLG recording artist, Thomas Rhett is a homage to the country legends we have lost.
“All of my heroes have died / but lord may they rest in peace / oh so here’s to the songs that will always live on / from now until eternity”
Band member Charles Kelley sings the melody line in ‘Underwater’, a haunting ballad about relying on those we love to pull us through.
“Hear the silence / hear them screaming / you’re the only one who can hear it / I’m a whisper / I’m a secret / and you’re the only one who can keep it / you just know me like you know nobody else can / you just understand me underwater”
One thing that country music fans can rely on during these trying times is that their favorite artists continue to write, record, and release some incredible music that we can all lean on.
Ocean Deluxe Edition Track Listing
- “What If I Never Get Over You” (Sam Ellis, Jon Green, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz)
- “Pictures” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder)
- “Crazy Love” (Charles Kelley, Nathan Chapman)
- “You Can Do You” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Corey Crowder, Jordan Schmidt)
- “What I’m Leaving For” (Sam Ellis, Micah Rayan Premnath, Laura Veltz)
- “Be Patient With My Love” (Charles Kelley, Dave Barnes, Ben West)
- “Alright” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, busbee, Justin Ebach)
- “Let It Be Love” (Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds, Amy Wadge)
- “On A Night Like This” (Dave Barnes)
- “Boots” (Charles Kelley, Ross Copperman)
- “The Thing That Wrecks You” feat. Little Big Town (Daniel Tashian, Tenille Townes, Kate York)
- “Mansion” (Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
- “Ocean” (Tofer Brown, Sarah Buxton, Abe Stoklasa)
- “Heroes” ** feat. Thomas Rhett (Charles Kelley, Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, Joe London)
- “Champagne Night” ** (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Patricia Conroy, Ester Dean, Andrew DeRoberts, Tina Annette Gemza, Shane McAnally, Madeline Rae Merlo, Ryan Tedder, Dave Thomson)
- “Underwater” ** (Jon Green, Corey Sanders, Laura Veltz)
- “Let It Be Love (At Home Version)” ** (produced by Dave Haywood)
- “Champagne Night (Tiki Bar Version)” ** (produced by Dave Haywood and Dave Thomson)
- “What If I Never Get Over You (Live from 3rd and Lindsley)” ** (Produced by Lady A)**New Tracks
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Lady A releases.
Ocean Deluxe is available everywhere you buy or stream music now. Check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.
The Hero Collection by NYCountry Swag is inspired by the men and women of the Fire, Police and Military Departments across the country. A portion of sales from each purchase is donated to different foundations that support our heroes. We are dedicated to honoring their service and remembering their sacrifice.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!